International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme
West County Mandarin School is an International Baccalaureate/IB Primary Years Program (PYP) school. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.
The IB PYP focuses on six transdisciplinary themes selected for their relevance to the real world. They are described as transdisciplinary because they focus on issues that go across subject areas. The transdisciplinary themes help teachers to develop a program of inquiry. Teachers work together to develop investigations into important ideas, which require a substantial and high level of involvement on the part of students. – The International Baccalaureate
- Additional PYP Information for Parents
- WCMS IB PYP Parent Information
- IB PYP Brochure
- Assessment Policy Politica de Evaluacion
- Language Policy Politica de Idioma
- Program of Inquiry for Kindergarten through 3rd Grade (4th Grade coming soon)
- WCMS Mission, Vision, and Philosophy in alignment with the IB Español